Tuesday, August 23, 2016

YOYO life

So, this last semester didn't go as well as I was hoping.  I basically failed college.  I have decided to go back to work.  The wall I have come to hit is that I don't know how to apply with a resume that would be good enough to get the job. I am still not sure of what to put in and leave out considering I haven't worked in four years. The jobs that are posted on the online job sites are jobs I have no experience in and that can be very intimidating.
I have found one job I want to try for and it has a 10 week training and a license test after.  It is a full time job and training starts at 8 am to 4:30 Monday through Friday.  The job is from 8:00 am to 630 pm.
I was like YES! Then I realized the schedule for the kids, D has school at 7:40 am and then gets off at 3:00.  I have no car and the car we have is being used during both times I would need to get and from work.  He has to leave to work at 4:30 and the second job ends in the mornings so he doesn't get back till 7:30.  The training is all the way cross town.
I think I have to start work when the kids are out of the house.
Or, is it me, am I  thinking to much for them and not me?  I could take that job and just focus on me.  Selfish?  Maybe, but at least I will be able to find my path and start heading the right direction.  I have put myself on the line for everyone else's schedule.  What if I did take this job and it all evolved around me finally....
OK, back to reality.  I can't take that job because one, I don't have a car and I will never be able to make it to the training on time anyway and two, I don't know if the training will be to intense for me like taking a math class.  So, as much as I would love to have that job I will not apply for it based on our living conditions.  Boy, not having a car is such a burden.  So, I my new plan is to get a job (any job) and save for a car or lease one...yeah leasing may be good because one I'll have a car and two I could work on my credit at the same time considering I am not going to use my credit cards for some time now.  Yes, times are going to once again hard, no internet, no cell phone data, etc etc.  I hope that I will be able to get out of this rut I have so commonly fall into every few years.  I do ok for awhile and then I fall back down again.  I wonder if it is the location.  I often think of that. The location we live may be the reason we are always on a yo-yo.  It has gone like this since we got out of the Army.  We never left the area.  I think of the locations we could of relocated after we left and how different it all may have been if we left this area.
I think it is time to find a job in a whole new location, state even!  Again, transportation is not our strong point but I do feel there is hope just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment