Tuesday, July 2, 2019

What makes self care so hard to do?

In the few years, I have been trying to focus on myself and my mental state.  I call it self care but I think it is more than that.  I have suffered from depression and it still lingers time to time.
I now have chosen to make myself come first. Well, at least try. I have to say it isn't easy.  I still have to do stuff for others and find after I haven't done anything for myself.

This blog is going about What makes self care so hard to do?

I have found that over the years I had a priority list when it came down do take care of things. My kids always came first, buying clothes, eating first, their time with friends etc.
Now, they are older and are starting to learn self independence.  They have now learned how to do their own laundry, they can cook a little not a whole dinner but small meals.  So,  now I have found that there is some openings for myself.  What can I do to put me first.
First I have learned to say "no" to requests that A) they are capable of doing themselves, and B) lesson on time management.  In the past they have both come up to ask me for help on school projects that are due the next day and I would jump to their rescue.  This is when they were in elementary school and I understood they couldn't get the time management down just yet, so then was parenting duty to help them.
Now, I have put my foot down to them both that I will not help them on a request so close to a deadline.  They need to learn to manage their time even if it causes them to fail a time or two.
I have learned to limit my time driving, assisting and doing things in the past I jumped to make their lives less stressful.  I have had my time of stress and I also learned to manage my time to alleviate that.  I now must focus on my time and mental health and physical health.
Today, I have made notes on eating, exercising, and relaxing.  I have also written in my planner when to take care of myself each day.  I know this may seem redundant each day to remind myself to take care of myself but if I don't remind myself, I will go downhill mentally.
I have to stay on top of it.

Well, until the next time, 
Take care of yourself and Always Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment