Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cake, Icecream, and tea time

Have you ever had the kind of day where you can't seem to get a grip to anything you do?  That's what it was like for me today.  It started this morning when I was washing my hands and I felt like something was off.  I told myself, "looks like today is going to be one of those days. Remember to take it in stride."  I know this because in the past, I have had these days and I let it get to me. I get frustrated and seem to miss deadlines, my typing is slow or can't type the words that are spilling out of my head.  With every mishap and every miss I do during the day I remind myself that I let the "chips fall where they may"  the closer I get to my breaks, lunch break and my last break of the day it is closer to the end of the day and that day will END. 
And the day ends.  I use to say, "tomorrow is a new day and things will get better."  I now know that that isn't always the case, it could be a better day but things still throw me off enough to want to throw up my hands and go back to bed.  To find the strength within is to continue forward.  That's why my new year motto is, "Always Forward"  I got that from my basic training drill sergeant.  I haven't used it since then but now for some reason now it makes sense. 
Throughout the years since I got out of the army, I feel like we have always struggled and that made us stronger because we learned that through all the rough patches in life, life will always go on and on and on whether you like it or not, you have to make little things in life that make you happy to get yourself through the times in life.  
Tonight, I ate cereal, a chocolate covered donut, ice cream and my chocolate cake in a mug and my favorite tea. Now I know that is not the healthiest dinner but I had to do what I needed to do to make me feel better about today.  I said, "I need to treat myself for making it through the day without spilling my beans."  I did.  I don't regret it or will punish myself for the choice of dinner meal.
Tomorrow, I will treat myself to a healthy meal and hopefully prepare myself for the next day of work.
I know I struggle emotionally but I have to remind myself I have me to take care of, psychologically and physically.  
You should too.
Night!








No comments:

Post a Comment