Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Don't Read the GH article

So I was browsing through an article from Good Housekeeping and came upon an article about a mother at 43 years of age is praised for looking "Decades Younger." At the same time I'm watching "Mom" on the tv.  I seriously thought about reading the article to see if I could look decades younger...are you kidding? So I decided to place my life relations to the show "Mom."  I am not an alcoholic but I have locked myself out of the car, woke up late for work and can't cook real dinners for my kids when I get home from work.  So, my question is, is reading an article about one single person who looks decades (I'm not sure how many, I am guessing 20 years) younger than 90 percent of the women population good for me?  No I told myself and I wondered why do magazines like to probe women about other women (the 10 percent of the women population) who are thinner and "looking younger" so important?  I look at myself 20 years ago and think, yeah I was thin, clean skin had thicker hair.  Now, at the ripe age of 40+ I feel I can look at myself as a real person, not a model or an actress who only lives on lettuce and exercises 24 hours a day.
So, going back to the article.  So the picture they have is on the left side is the woman in a..get this...hospital gown in a hospital bed because she Just had a baby. Oh, I neglected to say that the woman had given birth to seven babies.  The right picture is of her taking a selfie with her phone in yes you guessed it, work out clothes tight as a tube sock.  She's firm, legs are shapely, and breasts are as of a 20 year old.  I am sure no exercise move would of perked those girls up but whatever.  I have an issue with this article is that it's saying, "if this woman can have seven babies and workout and look this good you can too."  Really?  ok, I will go and work out and not have a life so I can fit my coffin when I die, of exhaustion!
Look, I just want to say to those who are reading this is be proud of who you are and what you wear, and how you see yourself, and love every part of you.  You are you and no mama with a tight tush will make you feel better about yourself when you when you look into the short or tall mirrors everyday.  YOU have to remind yourself that everyday is your day and what you do is what you need to do to make you love you.  Take a bath, eat the cake, walk half a mile if you can't go the whole mile.  Just know that you can only do the best you can to make you feel good about yourself.  Yes, we all have the days we look like shit and can't get things to go right all day.  Let it go.  Please don't read the article about the seven kid mom who now looks like she's 20.  Age gracefully and know you are doing it the best way you know how.
K?  So if you see any types of articles like these to make you feel like you are not doing it right, tear it out and throw it away!

Love you always! Always Forward!





No comments:

Post a Comment