Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hopeful Writer

     Well, it is another semester and the challenge is already stout. In the English Academic Comp class I am writing a paper on how to write with style.
     I just write. Never mind knowing what style.  But it is deeper than just writing plainly and distinctive, it's the reader you must put in mind with every sentence, phrase and words.  I knew that the reader would have opinions of what they read, I just didn't get that it was important enough to work harder or smarter for the audience.
     Like now, I am just writing in a venting fashion knowing there is no audience reading this...I think.  I know my vocabulary is bare to the minimum and I have to walk loong distances to achieve where I hope to be one day.  Published.
     With the classes I am taking I am learning the proper way of writing with topic sentences,  thesis statements etc...ect.
Just today I was in the stall knowing the degree I am studying for is not for me.  Today was the last day to drop.  I decided that I want to take  English Literature classes and possibly have that as my minor degree.  I want to learn not only how to write papers but to learn how people are able to write; I mean really write. Novels,  poetry, short stories and have them published.
     I know I have it in me. I know this is my sparked passion. Please let it be true and rewarding as I hope it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment