Monday, February 17, 2014

Path

Today in SW class I think I found out what I want to do in SW.  Work with LGBT.  There are so many suicides among the LGBT youth community.  I think when a youth "comes out" they feel not that they feel free more that there is now more of a challenge to live in society. There are centers bit from the one I visited I didn't feel very welcome..not in a sense that I was driven away just that they weren't willing to help openly.
If there was a way I could be apart of the communities centers I would try everyway in the book to help the LGBT youths. 
I found this out while in class we were discussing why SW are needed in the LGBT communities and a light came on.  I feel now there is a purpose for my direction of education.  Now I think I need to research the community and find statistics, and information to understand the diversity of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment