Thursday, December 19, 2013

Secrets deep

I hear the ting when receiving a message on FB.  It was him, he is so cocky the message read, "call now".  I didnt know if he meant to send that to someone else or what.  I messaged back, "how?"  Him back, "phone???" I asked, "with what number or am I suppose to guess?"
The number appeared with, "or you can guess"
I began to wonder what on earth did he want to talk about.  I plugged my phone in the charger, dialed and listened to loud hard rock music, I had the volume all the way down and still had to move the phone away from my ear.  I peeked at my daughter who was on the couch watching the kindle fire with ear phones on.  She must of not heard it, she didnt seemed concerned.  The voice mail played, "the person you are trying to reach is not avail..." I hung up.  Really? Is he playing games? I am not in the mood! Placing the phone on the arm chair I turned on the movie.   Not ten seconds later the phone rang.
"Hello?" I tried to sound discrete.
"Hey whatcha doin'?" He sounded slurred.
"Watching a mov.." he immediately interrupted me.
What was his deal? You wanted to know right,  what I was doing?
I didn't have the energy to talk over him.  I had forgotten he doesn't let you talk even when he asks the question.
and The topic of his call was once again his relationship and the amount of sex he is not getting.   I myself haven't had any for I can't remember when.  What is he whining about?
We get into why and how the relationship isnt working for him still with him interrupting me.  It is exausting.  What is the point to call someone ask for their advice and not let them talk?
Big pet peeve of mine.
After a while he said that he was almost home still sounding slurred. It dawned on me that he was driving the whole time. 
I didn't know if this call was even worth the time it took.  I was glad he said he had to go.
"We'll talk tomorrow. When is a good time to talk?"  I didnt want to go through another conversation of him interrupting me as I weigh in my thoughts on whatever issue he throws upon me.  I really dont have the patients.
I said that I'll message him on fb not knowing if I will.  I felt bad for him a tiny bit.  The rest of my feelings were numb.  He is so stuck on himself and won't look outside the box.  Thats the issue.  He wont hear of it. 
During this call he explained what he had gone through in his younger years. He had been in 29 states all in orphanages.  He was in and out of the hospital due to malnutrition.   He was in this mobile stage until he was in jr. High. This is when I remember him. 
His concern now that because he was so skinny he didnt want to be that kid anymore.  So the last 12 years he worked on muscling up with diets and working out etc.  Now at the age of 39 he is "big". 
"I worked hard at that for 12,15 years."
What is he trying to erase from the past?
"Big" resembles something.   A cover of what he may have endured when he was a kid, kid even in the years I known him in Jr. High.
I remeber he would always tug at his shirts.  Even at that age I knew it was a sign of self consciousness.  He laughed with the other boys while waiting for the bell to ring.  He stood by the door eager to leave tugging at his shirt.
After the nineth grade I never saw him again until I joined facebook 20 years later.  I scrolled throught names of my class.  He would come up but to my amazement,  he was tall and..thick.  The picture was of him in a muscle shirt and sunglasses.   Immediate sign of cockiness stood out. Something changed and I couldn't get myself to friend him.  A few months went by and he friended me.
I knew he wasnt the shy quiet boy I use to watch in eighth grade.  Of course we aren't.   So why did this particular person surprise me.  Because it is a facade.  He has been doing this for so long he is believing he is no longer that "kid" he soo long wants to forget.  How can the grown calcium of this phoney shell be broken.  Just as a baby chick breaks it..slowly,  exaustingly.  I wish I had the proper training to understand how this man can release this tormented boy.  The way he is doing it is just a cover up. That boy is still in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment