Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Parenting can sneak up on you when you aren't paying attention

Now that things have physically changed, I wonder why have I done to not hear about it.  I look back at my parenting skills and try to look for the point that made the whole child and parent relationship change.  I wonder is it just that the relationship of friends take the role that I have tried so hard to keep, and what I mean by that is the friendship in the mother and daughter relationship.  That seems to me has died at one point and I seem to can't find the location in the past where it all fell apart.  I hope in the future, we will come together and become what we use to be, joking, laughing and lovable friends.  I know that there is a point in the relationship of a child whether it is a boy or a girl that the independent mindset sets in and the distance become greater and greater; but I know that there are ways to help let the child know that we as parents will never give up on them no matter the situation and with hopes of that in mind, they will come on their own for that support they may not be able to get from friends.
I try to remind my girls that family is always there and to keep it sacred.  Kindness, and loving actions are here at the home because if there isn't anywhere else to go they will always be welcome home...as they say, "home is where the heart is" and it is here to stay.
The reason I am writing this is because something happened that I had hoped I would be the first to be notified of.  Instead, I found out on my own quite by accident.  I asked and the answer was so laid back it seemed that it was no big deal.  I then noticed that I was not the person she was going to tell because of how the relationship stood at the moment.  I wasn't the parent that secrets or thoughts were told to.  It kind of broke my heart because I thought I was the parent she was comfortable of telling these things to.  I am now thinking of ways to turn the situation so that later if there are situations she has in her life, she will feel comfortable to talk to me.
Now that this time has past, I will have to work on how to work on helping her become more comfortable with me around and talking to me.  
In the time between now and then, I will have so much on my plate.
Mom, it's Time to step it up!
















No comments:

Post a Comment