Monday, September 12, 2016

Where have all the flowers gone...

Based on society, someone who spends a lot of time on a hobby may seem "wasting time." Does it really waste time if you are doing the hobby for your well being?  Or I must think that. Someone presently is fiddling with a sound machine and spends most of their time on it.  I use to become so annoyed by it because I felt this person wasn't spending the time wisely. Now, I feel that that is their way of releasing stress, relaxing and recharging.  
Feeling of having to have every minute used productively sounded so American, responsible, and respected...by who? The outside world would see me as someone who gets things DONE!  
Lately, I have had been working on my planner, google calendar and phone calendar to sync. I found myself working on these so much I have to find time in my calendar to work on syncing everything.  I even take the time to add little details to the planner such as "get up, brush teeth, and etc."  Finding things to do while not in school anymore is torturing!  I have been looking online on the job websites for a job in town. Seems all the jobs are either call centers (minimum wage pay) or career jobs that require a) 2-3 years in experience or b) bachelors education or higher...or both!  So now I am looking at home jobs. you know the virtual assistant or something around those lines.  I even thought about a writer, like an article writer and I could research and submit?  
Thinking while I was doing the laundry, "how is it that our generation seems to be struggling just to live like paying for housing, food, and even believe it or not water.  These are all necessities people need.  Why is it that people have to work and spend money on things that we need. Shelter, food, and water! 
I have someone on a social media I follow and had gone to school with her in Junior High and back then thought,"She is going to be someone and have the perfect relationship and perfect life."  She was popular, gorgeous and I thought had it together.  Today, she is divorced and has two kids ages between 12 and 3 and is now struggling to find work and pawning her things to get by.  Daydreaming, I thought, what if I won the lottery and sent all to her.  Stories like hers make my life seem like cake!  I have no car, no bed, and no job but I seem to be doing alright.  I don't have to pawn anything to even get food on the table.
Then I start thinking of my plans for my future.  Leaving.  I picture her and I in the same boat and all we can do is support eachother on social media by saying, "Stay strong, don't give up!" Days in and days out.  In reality, throwing in the towel would make the whole situation worse, so you keep going in hopes that one day... that job, lottery ticket, or even a neighbor helps out so that your feet would finally touch the ground so you can walk again. Or stand in disbelief for a moment.
What the future holds for any of us is not completely out of our hands as we might think.  Relationships, jobs, location of our towns, homes, and families really can make or brake you.  You not necessarily have to read the future, but look to the next few months or even weeks can help your next years future...or will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment